FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'M GONNA WASH THAT GREY RIGHT OUT OF MY HAIR...

I got my haircut last Friday. I also had it colored to match what it was 20 years ago…(HINT)…Quite a bit darker brown! To call my natural color light brown is to deny the fact that I am largely grey, with a few recalcitrant wisps of what might be considered light brown.



I now know what women who have a large chest go thru when they complain that men do not look into their eyes.


At church on Sunday, no one immediately looked into my eyes; they were looking at my hair! The looks on their faces were spectacular! I’m comfortable enough in my own skin that it really wasn’t all that big of a deal.




I kidded with a couple of people and told them that I had been eating such nutritious food for six months that I woke up one day last week and my grey hair had recolored itself!!













Mid-life crisis? Probably. But no gold chains around my neck with my shirt unbuttoned too far down………..yet!











I have spent years not looking into mirrors or pictures of myself. I pretty much knew the train wreck waiting to look back at me…I didn’t want to be reminded.








Since I’ve lost a bit of weight, my courage has been bolstered to look at recent pictures. Yes, I have a way to go, but in comparison at least I don’t look like walking death anymore.







I did look awfully grey haired though. I thought that it made me look older; much older than I’ve been feeling since I’ve begun clawing my way back to health. I feel younger anyway.















I guess I wanted my hair to reflect my younger sense of myself.












Weird isn’t it? For years I looked like hell and it didn’t motivate me enough to change. Now that I’ve started to change, I care what I look like! Go figure!


Now I look in the mirror and see the darker hair and it’s pretty startling. It sort of reminds me of someone trying too hard to look younger than he is.
I think this color makes me look too young,
 what do you think?





I’ll be 51 this month, which doesn’t seem real old, certainly 51 seems MUCH younger than it did 20 years ago! Ah, what’s a lad supposed to do?












I suppose I’ll probably go back to somewhere closer to my natural grey hair color, after all I earned every one of ‘em!

No comments: