FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Monday, May 15, 2017

THE END OF YOUR ROPE


What do you do when you get to the end of your rope??

The common response is "tie a knot and hang on".

For me I think when I got to the end of my rope this time I "let go".

I let go of the shame and disgust I feel over my "hugeness".

I let go of feeling helpless to lose weight.

I let go of "wishing/hoping I could lose weight..."Please God...somehow!!"

I let go of having to have control...but who's kidding who?  Consuming large amounts of food has always controlled me!

Any positive endeavor in life requires a plan. "Make a plan and stick with the plan."

My insurance company came up with an online weight loss program that helps you count calories and keep track of your exercise, fluid intake, etc.  There is also literature, an online meeting once  a week and videos to watch.  Pretty handy and it's free...(well I pay for it with insurance premiums I suppose.)  But it seems to have helped me stay on track so far.

Whatever works.

So I "let go" so to speak and trusted the plan from my insurance company.  I already feel better and have more energy, and one look at my yard will tell the story on that one! It looks better than it has for several years!

I hold no illusions about my weight and losses and gains over the years...shoot, it's been years since I wrote in this blog!  Losing weight and keeping it off is HARD!

I have to try again though...I let go of the rope!

No comments: