FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

*A DIETERS PRAYER

Listen to my prayer, oh Father in heaven, and please don’t tune me out.

Please hear me and give me the answer I need…


My thoughts of food are constant and my cravings never seem to subside.


Oh supreme Lord, my tongue demands the taste of bacon always and will not shut up!


Cereal boxes stare at me from the cupboard demanding they be opened and poured.


Having given in before, I know that overeating with poor food choices only damages my health, and causes me physical suffering and mental anguish which is not your will for me oh God.


Oh my King, food pretends it is my friend but it wants me to misuse its purpose that you have designed for my life.


As soon as I gorge myself, then food mocks me and reminds me that I am such a weak failure.


I tremble with shame.


My stomach grumbles with desires my heart cannot be satisfied with by eating alone.


Only you oh Lord can truly satisfy! You and you alone!


I can’t even describe the horrors brought by dragon mirror and demon scale and their evil ways that overwhelm my resolve to regain my health.

 However your steadfast love emboldens me to look directly back at my reflection, and humbly be held accountable to my mentors when I step onto the scale, all Glory belongs to you my King!


My heart reminds me that food eaten for fuel and health never heap pangs of guilt upon me, that just eating enough is a FEAST, dear Lord! A feast that you lay spread before me, my eating life according to your plan. Your wisdom is beyond my comprehension.


Help me remember your food plan for me tastes far better than all the high calorie morsels that our enemies at Dairy Queen, Hershey’s and KFC entice me with.


Oh that Dove chocolate would sprout wings and fly far, far away from me to the desert and melt, melt away never to demand that the entire bag be eaten in one sitting again!


Oh God, remind me to seek shelter in your arms as the cries coming from my refrigerator torment my resolve to eat healthy today. 


Clean out my cupboards and remove any food that will trigger a binge that would lead me down the path of weight gain, self-loathing and grief. This would not be your plan for me…oh God.


Surround me with likeminded people, your servants, Oh Most High, who help me learn self-control and satisfaction in living for you.

They remind me that real happiness is not found by eating bread alone, no Lord, your words, your words alone are the source of all my needs, and food that you have blessed is the most delicious of all!!



"The greatest adversary of love to God is not his enemies but his gifts. And the most deadly appetites are not for the poison of evil, but for the simple pleasures of earth. For when these replace an appetite for God himself, the idolatry is scarcely recognizable, and almost incurable." -John Piper




*INSPIRED  BY PSALM 55

(c) C.W.M. 2010


1 comment:

Matt said...

charlie wanted to let you know when I saw you in church last time you looked good, and what your doing is great