FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Sunday, October 17, 2010

A GOOD CROP OF HEALTH

"...So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit."  Galatians 6:9

"Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies." Philippians 4:8

The Apostle Paul wrote the majority of the New Testament.  He was an inspirational fellow!  He himself encountered Jesus Christ while he was out searching for and imprisoning Christians and putting some of them to death.

That encounter literally knocked him off his horse and he was struck blind for a few days.  When he recovered he began what I would contend was one of the most historical and far reaching  turn arounds the world has ever seen!

Now I'm no Apostle Paul, but I have been in the process of the biggest turn around that I have ever done in my life!  The course of Paul's life changed history and the world.  My turn around is somewhat less noble and much less far reaching.  Its significance is really only very important to me and my family and some friends.

I've been planting seeds for better health and  I have been reprogramming my mind towards more positive thinking about myself, my life and my hopes and dreams.


All of this stirring came as a result of love.

My doctor, my wife and family all wanted me to get better and they stood helplessly by as I continued to live in denial...for years!

In my mind I knew that I was extremely overweight, but I convinced myself when I looked in the mirror I wasn't so bad after all.  I needed to be "knocked of my horse and recover from blindness" too!

Suffice it to say I finally decided to get help with my morbid obesity.  I had done nothing long enough.  

I recount that story on my page called "How did I get here?

Once I began to put into practice what I was learning at the weight loss center and started seeing results on the scale, I began to have hope again.

Hope begets hope, success brings more resolve and once I began to believe what I was being taught about weight management I began to feel better all around.  Physically obviously, but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually too!

 I began to experience less guilt from not taking care of myself. As I began to eat nutritionally sound food that was not over-filling my body and dulling my mind; I began to think more clearly and take the energy I used to put towards guilt and apply those mental resources into believing what I had not dared believe possible...I could lose this weight and get better!

I am very blessed and very grateful.

No one loses this kind of weight alone.

God has to be your strength, and He has managed to put many wonderful people in my path who act as His agents!

So the heavy thoughts that used to hold me down now lead me to practice lighter living.

I can live with that!   

No comments: