FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Thursday, November 11, 2010

EMOTIONAL EATING

Last weekend friend wife and I spent some time in Omaha.  Being a creature of habit, I fixed my usual breakfast of a protein shake in coffee on Saturday morning.

On our way to Nebraska Furniture Mart we got into a small little tiff...it was my fault!  

Immediately I felt like I wanted to got to a sit-down restaurant for a BIG breakfast.

The fact that I noticed this feeling is a wonder.

Ordinarily, before my new weight management outlook, I would have never thought about WHY I wanted to go eat...I would have just reacted by eating.

It was very irritating to feel this "NEED" to eat and not give into it. And I was already angry at myself about the little disagreement we had...here's how little it was...it is now 5 days later and I have NO IDEA what the spat was about!

Typical guy!

It was astounding to me to realize that these angry and irritating emotions immediately compelled me to go eat.  

Old habits...very hard to resist, but I did somehow.



We get to the furniture store and find that they open at 10 am and not 9 am.

So we went to McDonald's.

Yep!  Mickey D's.


Ordered a large coffee and put another protein shake in it.  I decided that I needed fruit, so we stopped at a nearby store and picked up some apples and bananas and I ate one of each of those.

I had not planned out my snacks very well,  I had not brought enough fruit along for the trip, but I fixed it.

My wife is very supportive and she loves me...and she allows for the fact that I'm a guy and sometimes I just cannot not be a guy!

Sigh...Smile...Grin!

We did have a really great weekend and purchased a much needed new bed to boot!

I learned to recognize ( a little bit) a reactive emotional eating temptation and actually dealt with it appropriately.

It is possible to change...which are some of the Heavy Thoughts that motivate me (usually) to Lighter Living!

No comments: