FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Monday, March 14, 2011

THE PIZZA WARS

Last Friday lunch was brought into work...a rare occasion.  Normally, I have my own "safe" food to eat, which was available, but this was pizza!

Like the Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, my ship was sunk!

I have had one sample bite of pizza at Sam's Club in the thirteen months I've been working to get my life back and my eating and weight under control.  That sample bite was about 6 weeks ago.

About 3 weeks ago I was sorely tempted to order a pizza for home delivery as no one else was going to be at home and they wouldn't see me over eat.  I called my dietician and asked her to hold me accountable so that I would not end up ordering it.  That worked.  I knew she would ask, and that kept me on the path.

I had forgotton (on purpose?) that pizza was being served last friday. My guard was down...I decided to eat one piece.

Then I had a second one.

After everyone else left the office I went to the refrigerator and took two more pieces.

And I ate them.

This pizza was from one of my least favorite pizza chains.  If I were ordering pizza, I would not choose them.

My favorite pizza comes from Jerry's Pizza: 276-2359.  That number had been memorized by me some 40 years ago.  (They are a second and third generation business in my home town.) 

If I was going to totally blow my weight management I would eat 4 or more of there slices!

So not only did I blow my routine, I did it with crappy pizza!

That's the way of someone who is a compulsive overeater.

I'm still an expert at overeating, and beating myself up for it.

I have confirmed that pizza is one of my red light, three alarm trigger foods to be avoided at all costs.

I knew that already.  I know it again now.

So life goes on.

I attended an Overeaters Anonymous meeting on saturday, and have been pretty much on track to weight management again.  

Not perfect...but progress.

I'm not proud of the weakness I displayed, and I'm not happy to write about it.

This is one of my "crosses" to bear.

It could be so much worse, so I try not to have a pity party.  This isn't cancer for heavens sake!!

I am a work in progress...and a real piece of work!

And onward we go!

No comments: