FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Sunday, April 24, 2011

THE LORD GOD MOST HIGH, CREATER OF THE UNIVERSE, DIED FOR ME!


"In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He existed in the beginning with God.
God created everything through him,
and nothing was created except through him.
The Word gave life to everything that was created,
and his life brought light to everyone.
The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness can never extinguish it."

And that was proven on Resurrection Morning when THE Light of the world arose from the dead, having paid the price for my sins.

I often lose perspective when I stand on the scale.  Seeing what the numbers tell me usually dictate how I will feel for the next several days.

My little "universe" is so insignificant...less than a drop of water compared to the oceans depths.  Yet as the ignorant ancients thought,  I act as if the universe revolves around my world!

Since the God of all things seen and unseen died for me, is it unreasonable to decide to live for Him?

Surely life is more than fat and thin, exercise and calories, guilt and shame for eating too much!

Jesus came that we might live life to its fullest, fat or thin, to serve Him because He loved us and died for us when we weren't the least bit interested in Him.

He paid a debt He did not owe, I owed a debt I could not pay...such wondrous LOVE!  

HE IS RISEN INDEED!!





No comments: