FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Monday, July 18, 2011

GAMING THE SCALE

I weigh in at the weight loss center every Monday evening.

It is always the best low eating day of the week for me.  I can be totally off my eating regimen throughout the week, but come Monday morning I get "weight loss religion".

Ridiculous, but true.  As if eating less on Monday alone will show positive results on the scale!

I clean and clip my nails, I shower at noon so that any 'heavy" grime may be removed and I shave extra close!

I wear lighter clothes, a thinner belt, remove all the money from my billfold...and anything else that I think might reflect a lower number on the scale.


Every monday night the announcer in my head speaks and says, "And now the condemned man steps onto the trapdoor, the noose is firmly around his neck."

Don't believe for one moment that the scale is ever your friend!  If it does show a lower number than before, it is only in an effort to sucker punch you next week with a higher one!

I'd like to pretend its the damn scale, but the real enemy looks back at me in the mirror. 

There is no gaming me.  

I have to live with the results of what I did or didn't do concerning weight loss management this week.

Living day by day and just eating right today without worrying about what I will or won't do tomorrow is best.

Today is all anyone has to handle.

Today, even though its a Monday, I will not game the scale, with God's help I will focus on healthy eating for a lifetime...one day at a time.

No comments: