FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Monday, July 4, 2011

HOME OF THE FREE, LAND OF THE BRAVE!

So I've been on a break from this blog for two months...the bloom has been off the rose for a little while.  That's typical me...into something with all four feet and then cooling off.

Weight management, while never fun, has been less so these last four months.  I've managed to put some weight back on...about 16 pounds.

From a high of 379 to a low of 272 to a current weight of 288.


Learning to live "free" of overeating takes skill and determination and guts.  It's not for sissies.  It's hard as hell! 


Fighting a roller coaster of emotions and self-loathing and also not using food to buffer these feelings is a lifelong process...I will never "arrive".  I also do not have to give up...and while there have been days, I generally intend to learn the skills needed to prolong my life (and my quality of life) by continuing to manage my weight while trying not to beat myself up and/or quit because of consistent backsliding.


I just need to backslide in the other direction!

I have taken a little "rest" from writing the last couple of months as I haven't been as succesful in weight loss lately and I have been humbled some, I definitly do not have all the answers.  I was writing as if everyone was entitled to my opinion...which of course they are...but I got a little cocky.
It was a heck of a lot easier to write it when I was losing consistently and feeling so much better about myself.  That being said, most people who struggle with their weight have times of inconsistencies and weight gain, if not flat out failure. 

Writing from a position of weakness, could actually make it a better blog...I suspect many people will relate.  Finding that voice of hope and encouragement myself so I can write the way I wish to is the process I am currently going through.
I'm not sure how often I will have something to say, but as I do, it will show up here. In the meantime, if you are new to the blog, there is a wealth of information here already.

Living free from the tyranny of food, and being brave enough to write about it is now my goal.  Along with continued weight management  and ultimately weight loss!

God Bless the USA!

And thanks to my new friend Scott who nudged me back to this blog!

No comments: