FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

IF NOT HERE, WHERE? IF NOT NOW, WHEN?


In 1990 I broke down, went to Weight Watchers and lost 118 pounds weighing in at 183. 

The following 20 years of denial got me back up to a whopping 379 pounds!

In 2010 I broke down, went to Mercy Weight Loss Center and lost 104 pounds weighing in at 275.

So far in 2011 I'm up to 304 pounds.

When I crossed the 100 pound threshold in August of 2011 something broke again.

It seems my motivation, my will (or as I call it my won't) collapses after a certian time on a strict weight management regimen.

It takes me years to get in the right frame of mind, and then it seems it's all or nothing for several months of healthy weight management...and then I break...again.

At first it was a "green break".  I was bending just far enought to fray around the edges of my eating, and started going up and down the same few pounds.  Lately though the tear has widened and now it's mostly ups rather than downs at the scale.

I am no longer on a "diet".  I am learning "weight management".  Learning to live with eating patterns that will sustain weight loss and healthier living.  I have learned alot about what works, and lately, even more about what doesn't.

I don't think I have another 20 years to waste to get and stay in the proper weight management frame of mind.

Writing about it seems to help.

No comments: