FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Thursday, April 9, 2015

ALONE AGAIN, NATURALLY!


This is my daughter and I on her wedding day in October of 2013.  As you can see, she is extremely beautiful and I have managed to gain almost all my weight back.  Irregardless this was a supremely happy day for our family and I now have a son...(my first!)

If you can tell me where the disconnect is to where I just eat blindly and gain my 100 pounds back over the last 4 years I'd like to unravel that mystery! As I have said before, I am a  professional over eater!!  What a profession!!

My good and great friend "J.T." has been encouraging me to start writing in my blog again.  It was very therapeutic when I was eating right and staying within the eating plan I used.  Perhaps he is onto something and if I just write it will help my brain/heart/emotions get reoriented into "light living".

Just getting this far to actually put up a new post is HUGE for me...no one says I'm not a complicated tangle of hot mess!  If I start writing here I might have to actually change...GULP!  Up to now I have been happy to just bitch about my weight and keep eating...up to now.  I am beginning to feel awful again...out of breath with a lot of joint pain and always tired. (Well duh! What do I expect??)

But I feel alone.  Obviously I'm not, many many people are concerned for my health and well being, but what I mean is, I alone determine what goes into my mouth...no one else can do that for me.

It is lonely to always put a guard at my mouth.  There is no instant gratification for NOT eating that doughnut...to consistently delay gratification for that "someday" when people notice I've been losing weight or that I actually start feeling better is not very motivating when it's just one little doughnut, french fry, or 16 oz. sirloin. Ahem.

So I don't like it...I hate it...but I'm beginning to hate how I am feeling more. 

No comments: