FAT MAN, THIN MAN, FATTER MAN...GOOD GRIEF!! I have been "overweight" or whatever other descriptive you care to use to call me fat, most all of my life with occasional spurts of weight loss. I've been up and down the scale several times, (mostly up) and have gained and lost over 300+ pounds in my life. However, I've begun to see myself as more than just a "fat" person...it gets easier to take on a different outlook when one doesn't fight for every breath, or have joints scream in pain every time you move. For the story of what got me to this point please click on the page: "HOW DID I GET HERE?"

All images taken from the Internet and assumed to be in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you believe an image infringes your rights in any way then please inform me and I will remove it swiftly.


Thursday, May 21, 2015

MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKES

Friend wife and I have received our order of meal replacement shakes late last week.  I did quite a bit of research online to decide which shake powder to order.  I finally decided that the one pictured above was what seemed best and we ordered them. Frankly, there are probably any number of meal replacement shakes that will do...you just have to choose one and implement the plan!

"Planning" to start a new weight loss regimen is so much easier than implementing one! (Planning a weight loss regimen is infinitely easier to do on a full stomach too!) 

My idea is to have a shake for breakfast and lunch and eat fruits and vegetables during the day to suppress hunger and then a "normal" meal at suppertime.  Sounds great in theory, but that only happened on Monday this week, and I've eaten breakfast every other day so far and a couple of lunches too.  I still drink the shakes but eat the meals they were supposed to replace as well. (There's a definition of  "crazy stupid" in their somehow). :-)

Still, it's taken me years to even get the gumption up to order the shakes, so having them on the counter staring at me and mocking me is at least a start in the direction I wish to go.

Maybe a weak start will translate into a stronger finish? 

My friend "JT" encourages me about as much as anyone...everyone should be blessed with a friend like him!  He "gets" me and my weight loss calamities, and loves me anyway.

So we'll see how it goes...one day at a time, one less mouthful at a time....Sigh.


No comments: